Contact Us

I’m a parent with questions about how to search for early care and education. Whom should I contact?

The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) partners with a child care resource and referral agency who can assist parents and families with questions about early care and education. Please contact DC Child Care Connections at [email protected].

I have a question about the My Child Care DC website. Whom should I contact?

Please contact OSSE’s Communications team at [email protected].

How can I report a complaint or unusual incident at a child development facility?

To make a complaint about child development facilities, call the Complaint and Unusual Incidents Hotline at (202) 727-2993 or send an email to [email protected]. Complaints may also be faxed to the Compliance and Integrity Division at (202) 727-7295.

I’m a child development facility licensed in DC and want to update the information on my profile on My Child Care DC. Whom should I contact?

You should contact your OSSE licensing specialist. Please see the information below for a list of OSSE licensing specialists. If you are not sure who your licensing specialist is, call (202) 727-1839.

Name Phone Email
Zulieka Crawford (202) 741-5535 [email protected]
Candia Faison (202) 442-4783 [email protected]
Kimberly Handon-Lindsey (202) 442-5871 [email protected]
Kanell Johnson (202) 442-4713 [email protected]
Yesset Makonnen (202) 727-8132 [email protected]
Qianna Nelson (202) 741-5091 [email protected]
Makia Tabourn (202) 545-7079 [email protected]
Stephanie Tindal (202) 727-8134 [email protected]

For other questions about licensing, facilities inspections or requirements for child development facilities, please contact the Licensing Unit at (202) 727-1839.

If you need help in your language, please call (202) 829-2500 for free interpreter assistance.

  • Amharic: በአማርኛ እርዳታ ከፈለጉ በ (202) 829-2500 ይደውሉ። የነፃ አስተርጓሚ ይመደብልዎታል።
  • Chinese: 如果您需要用(中文)接受幫助,請電洽 (202) 829-2500,將免費向您提供口譯員服務
  • French: Si vous avez besoin d’aide en Français appelez-le (202) 829-2500 et l’assistance d’un interprète vous sera fournie gratuitement.
  • Korean: 한국어로 언어 지원이 필요하신 경우 (202) 829-2500 로 연락을 주시면 무료로 통역이 제공됩니다.
  • Spanish: Si necesita ayuda en Español, por favor llame al (202) 829-2500 para proporcionarle un intérprete de manera gratuita.
  • Vietnamese: Nếu quý vị cần giúp đỡ về tiếng Việt, xin gọi (202) 829-2500 để chúng tôi thu xếp có thông dịch viên đến giúp quý vị miễn phí.

© 2024 DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
Facebook Twitter Youtube